No Business Should Be using POP/IMAP or any other legacy email System:
Are you still dealing with the headaches and expense operating POP/IMAP email or a free web based server? Here are the reasons why we think now is the time to move your email to a hosted solution, specifically Office 365:
- Built-in Disaster Recovery – Office 365 has a 99.99% up-time, this statistic is published quarterly here. In addition to hardware disaster recovery, many companies that operate their own email server are also paying for separate SPAM, anti-virus and email continuity services. These features are all built into Exchange Online and Office365.
- Low Cost – You can also purchase an annual contract or work with a CSP (Cloud Service Provider) to get additional discounts and more flexibility with monthly licensing and payment. If you skip one triple, venti, half sweet, non-fat, caramel macchiato you have your email paid for the month.
- Outlook Online – is included for mobile phone (tablet) or browser access. If you run your own email server, you need to set up and manage your own web access or Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- Infinitely Scalable – like other cloud offerings, if you start with 5 users and grow to 100, there is no problem scaling up or down. You don’t need to buy a large server (and software licenses) upfront to accommodate growth in the future.
- Licensing – You do not need to invest in expensive hardware and software licenses. You also don’t need to manage and maintain and eventually replace that hardware. In addition, you’ll always have the latest features and automatic updates. You’ll receive those new features and updates as soon as they are released.
- Large Mailbox Size – 50 GB or unlimited mailbox size depending on the Office 365 mail package you purchase. This is room for 1000s and 1000s of messages, even with attachments. You’ll never need to clean your inbox again! (IT people cringing)
- Spam Filtering and Virus Protection – These services are automatically enabled on all inbound and outbound email messages by Microsoft Exchange Online Protection (EOP), the anti-spam and anti-malware service included with Office 365. The EOP service uses multi-layered filters and scanning engines to protect your organization. And your users can still manage their own SPAM settings, retrieve blocked emails and configure black and white lists. SPAM blocking actually gets better over time and learns from the messages you mark as SPAM.
- Integration with Active Directory – Using Azure AD Connect, changes made in local Active Directory are automatically synced to the cloud. User name and password changes are automagically synced to the MS cloud and your email account.
- Works with Outlook and Outlook Add-ins – Outlook integrations all work exactly as before. You can use any third-party Outlook application and be certain it will work without problems.
- Office Applications – If you purchase the whole Office 365 Suite you get all the MS Office products for 5 PCs or mobile devices.
- Easy Migration – using Office 365 built-in tools you can easily migrate your Exchange mailboxes and settings to Office 365.
You outsource your coffee making to Starbucks, why are you still running your own email system?